I am using the preheader to read some information from the email using AMPScript and then use it in a Lookup to create a Dynamic Sender Profile. This method is what i was looking for but the preheader is not a read-only field so the user could modify it and break my lookup. Using a default email address is not a solution because the customer need the FromAddress to be always specific based on the email. So i was wondering if there is a way to prevent the email from being sent if they are using a certain email (that would be our default).
I don't know if i was clear, so here is a quick summary to explain my goal:
- I read a value from the preheader
- Use it in my Dynamic sender with a lookup
- The value read from the preheader does not exist in a DE
- The "FromAddress" is filled with a default address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The email is not sent because email@example.com is used