Salesforce Contract settings has this option:
Send Contract Expiration Notice Emails to Account and Contract Owners
However, this is the only information I can find on the Salesforce help site to explain what this does:
- Select Send Contract Expiration Notice Emails to Account and Contract Owners, and then save your changes.
- To stop sending expiration notices, deselect this option, and then save your changes.
My client want to send email notifications to the contract parties at timed intervals, and from what I am reading, this might do that, or might not.
Does anyone know:
- To which recipients will Salesforce send email notifications to of an expiring contract?
- Where does it find the email addresses to send the notifications so?
- How many email notifications (initial and follow-up reminders if any) get sent?
- What frequency do the follow-up reminders get sent?
- Is there a specific email template used for the reminders, and is it customizable?
It seems strange to me that this feature is available, yet the Salesforce help site doesn't answer these basic questions about it.