- Process started from a Person Account
- I want to update all related custom object X records linked to this Person Account
- The link is made through a Contact lookup on object X
- Whether I select Account or Contact as the object to start the process from does not seem to matter (unlike for workflows on Person Accounts, which only work if you start them from Account)
- When I fire the process, nothing happens on the related records. However, the process does fire (other actions are executed correctly). I don't get any error messages
When I reproduce the exact same situation as above, but having the link made through an Account lookup on object X, the updates happen correctly. Again, it does not seem to matter if I select Account or Contact as the object to start the process from.
It looks like the process tries to do something like this to get the related records:
SELECT Id FROM ObjectX WHERE LookupField = AccountIdOfThePersonAccount
which will return no results since the lookup is filled with a ContactId in the first case.
Is this indeed what is happening? Is it thus impossible to update those related records linked through a Contact lookup for Person Accounts with process builder?