Software engineer, web developer and part time student by day, inefficient space heater by night.
What I'm not
- I'm not a hacker. Though I understand how to fork a project and extend it to meet my needs. I like to understand projects that I work on and conform to project guidelines. I do not like to hack them apart and bolt them back together in a frankensteins monster mess.
I'm not a ninja. This means I take the time to understand a problem before I sit down to write methodical code. Taking the ninja slice and dice with wild abandon route always ends in pain and errors.
I'm not a wizard. I don't use magic numbers, variables or any other mountain of bad practices if I can help it and I don't write code that takes a conjurer of tricks to understand.
I'm not a rock star, I don't need my ego massaging and I don't want to be the center of attention.
What I am
- I'm a reasonably well rounded software engineer and web developer.
- I get the job done and I get the job done to the best of my abilities. I enjoy helping others and I like that there are others out there who can help me.
- I like quiet environments that are rich in caffeine resources, fast broadband and good knowledgeable people.
- More than anything, I love solving problems using the scientific approach.