2

Figured out the issue. I didn't test by sending and replying to the Proxy email designated in the email-to-case setting. It also requires the setting of including the thread ID in the subject or body also located in the Email-to-case setting.


1

I recommend removing the LastModifiedDate and LastModifiedById conditions within your Workflow rule criteria. Also, the LastModifiedById should be compared with an ID field i.e. a Salesforce Id of the User record for the MY SFDC USER ID user, instead of comparing it with the name of the user. Remove these from your rule criteria and the workflow should ...


1

Since all I wanted to generate was a unique value in a workflow field update, I used text(now()) to generate one. Served the purpose.


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible