The SmartSync library makes it easy for customers to synchronize Salesforce data on their mobile apps with Salesforce servers.
All data requests in SmartSync apps are asynchronous. Asynchronous means that the sync method that you call returns the server response in a callback method or update block that you define.
Each sync up or sync down method returns a sync state object. This object contains the following information:
- Sync operation ID. You can check the progress of the operation at any time by passing this ID to the sync manager’s getSyncStatus method.
- Your sync parameters (soup name, target for sync down operations, options for sync up operations).
- Type of operation (up or down).
- Progress percentage (integer, 0–100).
- Total number of records in the transaction.