Page layouts to control the layout and organization of detail and edit pages in Salesforce, the Self-Service Portal, and the Salesforce Customer Portal
Use page layouts to control the layout and organization of detail and edit pages in Salesforce, the Self-Service Portal, and the Salesforce Customer Portal. Customize search layouts to change which fields display in search results and the buttons that display on list views.
- Control the layout and organization of detail and edit pages.
- Control which fields, related lists, and custom links users see, on detail and edit pages only.
- Control which standard and custom buttons display on detail pages and related lists.
- Determine whether fields are visible, read only, or required, on detail and edit pages only.
- In Personal, Contact Manager, Group, and Professional Editions, control which fields users can access in related lists, list views, reports, Connect Offline, email and mail merge templates, custom links, and when synchronizing data or importing personal data.
- In Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions, determine some aspects of mini page layouts, including record type and profile associations, related lists, fields, and field access settings. The visible fields and related lists of the mini page layout can be further customized, but the other items inherited from the associated page layout cannot be changed on the mini page layout itself. Mini page layouts display selected fields and related lists of records in the mini view of the console.
- Should not be used to secure data. For example, removing the Edit button from a page layout doesn’t prevent users from using inline editing to modify records. To prevent users from editing data, use any combination of sharing rules, field-level security, page layout field properties, validation rules, object permissions, and Visualforce pages.