The Developer Console is an integrated development environment with a collection of tools you can use to create, debug, and test applications in your Salesforce organization.
The Developer Console can help with many of your development tasks:
Debugging and Troubleshooting
The Developer Console provides a convenient set of tools for efficiently tracking down logical issues.
- View Logs
- Set and View Checkpoints in Apex Code
Editing and Navigating Source Code
The Developer Console allows you to browse, open, edit and create source code files.
- Browse Packages in Your Organization
- View and Edit Apex Classes and Triggers
- View and Edit Visualforce Pages and Components
- Use the Source Code Editor.
Testing and Validating Performance
The Developer Console has a number of features dedicated to testing code and analyzing performance.
- Test Apex Code
- Inspect Logs for Performance Issues
Executing SOQL and SOSL Queries
The Developer Console provides a simple interface for managing SOQL and SOSL queries.
- Edit and Execute SOQL and SOSL Queries
- View Query Results