Instead of redesigning and reintegrating your external applications, you can now use these tools to integrate your technology within Force.com Canvas.
Force.com Canvas includes tools that handle:
- Authentication - If your application requires authorization, you can implement it by using a signed request or OAuth 2.0.
- Context - API support that enables you to retrieve context information about the environment in which the canvas app is running.
- Resizing - Methods that support the ability to resize your canvas app.
- Canvas Apps in Visualforce - A Visualforce component that lets you expose your canvas app on a Visualforce page.
- Canvas Apps in the Publisher - Lets you add a canvas app as a custom action and expand the publisher to include a canvas app.
- Canvas Apps in the Chatter Feed - Lets you expose your canvas apps as feed items.
- Canvas in the Salesforce1 App - Makes your canvas apps available in Salesforce1.
The third-party app that you want to expose as a canvas app can be written in any language. The only requirement is that the app has a secure URL (HTTPS)