The Apex Debugger extends the Force.com IDE plug-in for Eclipse. Use this tag for any issues related to its usage.
The Apex Debugger extends the Force.com IDE plug-in for Eclipse and does most of the things you expect a debugger to do. Use it to:
- Set breakpoints in Apex classes and triggers.
- View variables, including sObject types, collections, and Apex System types.
- View the call stack, including triggers activated by Apex Data Manipulation Language (DML), method-to-method calls, and variables.
- Interact with global classes, exceptions, and triggers from your installed managed packages. (When you inspect objects that have managed types that aren’t visible to you, only global variables are displayed in the variable inspection pane.)
- Complete standard debugging actions, including step into, over, and out, and run to breakpoint.
- Output your results to the Console window.
The documentation can be found here.