Coming for Visualforce (VF) there is one thing (among others) very different for Lightning Components (LC): In VF the platform itself was the container and you basically used VF pages via the URL
There where also a sort of different places where you could use a page, like embedded on a layout, rendered as PDF and many more. According to the usage, things where different.
Now for LCs too, there is again a set of different containers (like standalone apps or in S1) which feel very different, let your components behave and look different, let them sometimes even crash in on and succeed in the other.
In that context I have a couple of questions:
- What are the different available containers available today?
- Is there a list of special features and challenges you have to keep in mind for each container?
- What are the current containers-specific limitations and bugs of relevance we have to consider when designing a solution?
- Is it possible to design a component which runs in any container flawlessly?
- I saw the usage of the word "container" and "environment", but found them hard to distinct. What is the exact difference?