I've used the MobileConnect postMessageList method to send transactional outbound SMS messages to subscribers for numerous projects.
I'd like to initiate a Survey SMS using the API, however, it appears that MobileConnect messages are limited to to sending Outbound messages as there is no 'API Trigger' Send Method available in other SMS templates:
Send Method option in MobileConnect Outbound templates
Please can someone clarify:
- Can you send a Survey SMS using the Fuel REST or SOAP API?
- If not, can you check SMS responses to SMS messages initiated through the API?
If you can't send Survey messages using the API, I'm thinking of:
- Send an SMS message (using an API method) that subscribers can reply to.
- Use the getMessageContactHistory method to return tracking history of messages to and from (MO) the mobile subscriber.
- Check MO (mobile-originated) responses and send conditional replies based on their response.