For a community we want to support up to 5 languages per country. Each language has to be different. E.g.
- For Germany we support German and English (Germany)
- For Switzerland: German (Swiss), English (Swiss), French (Swiss), Romansh(Swiss)
- Denmark: Danish (DK) and English (DK)
- USA: English (US)
The general issue is that we are not able to use the same language twice. One of our issues is that the legislation differs by country. E.g.
The legal drinking age in the US is 21 but in Switzerland 18. Therefore the salesforce label named "LegalDringingAge" is translated in English (Swiss) with "18 years" but in English (US) with "21 years".
I.a.w. English can be translated different by country.
As I learned from the documentation 3 type of languages are supported:
- Fully supported languages
- End-user languages
- Platform-only languages
- Is it possible to add languages like English (Switzerland) or English (Germany)?
- Is there a better way to handle country specific labels?