Using Eclipse Kepler, I've followed these instructions and tried all 3 available IDE versions (31, 30, 29) but cannot successfully connect to my org's production environment or a developer environment spun off production. I have been able to connect to a new developer sandbox I've just generated to see if that works, so not sure what the issue is.
Steps I've followed are:
- Install JDK 7 Install Eclipse Kepler 'IDE for Java Developers'
- In Eclipse installed IDE v31
- Open Perspective --> Other --> Force.com
- File --> New --> Force.com project
- Entered Username, password, security token Selected Production/Developer Edition environment
- Clicked next
- At this point I get "Unable to connect to hostname 'www.salesforce.com': Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out."
I'm positive I've got the correct username, pw and token, and I've also tried the above steps with a developer org of the production org (for environment tried both sandbox and Other - test.salesforce.com without success). I've tried all of this with v31, v30 and v29. I've also tried Environment Other - ap1.salesforce.com (the server our SF instance sits on) with the same result.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?