These settings are stored in the CustomObjectTranslation metadata object, and you can deploy them in any tool that uses the metadata API. (You can make this change by using the metadata APIs either using ANT and manually building a package.xml, or by writing a custom script to do it using SOAP.)
You can also use Gearset to make this change*. To do this using Gearset:
- Visit https://gearset.com and click
Try it now
- Enter source org details that has the renamed tab
- Enter target org details that you want to move the change to
- Run comparison
- Filter to find 'CustomObjectTranslation'
- Select the ones you want to deploy and we build an additive package so you don't lose changes in the target org
Deploy and let us do the hard work
We want to make Salesforce deployment and moving things from org to org really simple. Any feedback you can give us is really appreciated.
Full disclosure that I am one of the team behind Gearset, and there are other ways to do this without using our tool. We just hope to make it easy for you :)