I've tried every hack I can think of to pull the selected values of a multi-select picklist into a child record with a URL hack. The field name is the same on each object.
Is it just not an option? So far I've tried:
This one was trying to put the selected values in the Required_Operating_Data__c field on Account, into the field on the Edit screen. Inspecting the element shows the 'chosen' side to have an _selected tag.
This was just trying to put the list into the actual field.
This one was using field names. (Now I'm just guessing)
So, for example:
- A user creates an Account record.
- The account record multipick has the following options A, B, C, D, E, F
- The user selects 'C' and 'F'.
- When they click the [New Filing] button, it should pre-fill the field on Filing with 'C' and 'F'.
- The next time an account is created the user may select any combination of other options, and then create a Filing using THOSE selected values.
The use case is that while the user may have selected None, Some, or All of the options on Account, they may need to adjust the list on the Filing, but the default state should be based on the Account.