Imagine an app using Account and Contact records. Both can life without another, but on Contact there is a lookup to Account. If you want to link a Contact to an existing Account using Salesforce.com standard UI you have two options:
- Adding a "New Contact" on the Contacts related list on the Account view page
- Edit an existing Contact and update its Account Lookup field
I want to introduce a third option (=build a custom ChildSelector component)
- Add multiple existing contacts by clicking "Add existing contacts" from the Account related list
My less-technical, more conceptual questions are:
- How could the UI after clicking this button look like?
- Does something like this exist anywhere in Salesforce.com or an AppExchange app?
- Why doesn't it already exist as part of the Standard UI.