I have built a series of lightning components that we will use as pages in salesforce 1 mobile application. One of the pages offers the user the ability to share our pages content with their group via "email this", "chat this" or "create todo" buttons. Is this possible?
It looks like I would need to follow the process outlined here How to call a Salesforce REST URL from Lightning Component?
- Create an Apex client for the REST API
- Create an Apex controller for your Lightning app
- Create your Lightning app, and bind it to the controller
- Specify an init handler for your app
- Configure the handler to enqueue the Apex controller's action to execute the REST API operation
but I am a salesforce newb, can anyone confirm that this is the best path forward for me to provide this funtionality?