I'm clutching at straws here a little, but has anyone ever come across a situation where a Batch Apex routine creates duplicate records, possibly as a result of the
execute method running more than once for the same batch of records?
I'm having a sporadic issue where it appears that a batch routine is creating duplicate records, here are the particulars:
- Batch size of 1 (there are good reasons for that)
- Job runs daily every 15 mins between the hours 8am & 6pm (00's of records processed)
- Job runs once at midnight for monthly load (000's of records processed)
- Issue only occurs in the midnight job
- Issue has only occurred twice in the last 18 months, with no apparent pattern
- Safeguards are in place to ensure only one job can run at any one given time (ironically, to prevent duplicate processing)
My code pulls a list of unprocessed records (in the
start method), then processes them one at a time in the
execute method. After each record is processed, it is marked as processed so not processed again.
Any ideas anyone?