Currently in our Org when a Lead is converted and an Opportunity is created the Close Date on the Opportunity gets set to the end of the current Fiscal quarter... Is there a way to change this to something like TODAY + 180 ?
On Lead Conversion, the Opportunity Close Date is automatically set to the end of the fiscal year per the doc as follows:
If you are not using custom fiscal years, the Close Date of the newly created opportunity is automatically set to the last day of the current fiscal quarter.
If you are using custom fiscal years, the Close Date is the last day of the current fiscal period. If you are using custom fiscal years and a fiscal year has not been defined for the current date, the Close Date is the end of the current calendar quarter.
(So despite all my comments above, you do not have some custom workflow or trigger that sets it ... sheesh and apologies)
The solution is quite simple (here is an example)
To only do this when you convert a Lead and not when entering an Opportunity via user entry or an API...
- Create a checkbox formula field on Lead called is_a_lead__c value = true, no need to show in page layout
- Create a checkbox field on Opportunity called is_sourced_from_lead_conversion__c, default is false - no need to show in page layout
- In the Lead Field mapping, map
- Add a new Workflow rule on Opportunity which runs
on createdand if
is_sourced_from_lead_conversion__c = true
- The Workflow rule uses a field update to set CloseDate to TODAY()+180
Note also the Lead Setting -
Require Validation for Converted Leads https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=customize_leadsettings.htm&siteLang=en_US which may impact other things in your lead conversion process