I'm using a Fast Lookup to retrieve a list of records in visual workflow. I'd like to format the output on the screen (e.g. show one record per line). Is this possible? When I use the "Display Text" element all I can access is the collection's name and which spews all the information out in one big line. Any suggestions appreciated!
Please check the page below.
- First, make a new variable (we'll call it varDisplayText) to hold all of your text.
- Then, in your loop, pass the Collection to a standard sObject Variable.
- From there, use an Assignment element to Add (not equals!) the first value of the first column to varDisplayText. Then (and I think you can do this in the same Assignment element, I am pretty sure it will do it in order), use varDisplayText again but instead of using Equals, use Add, and add the text string ", ".
- Add another line in the same element (or a new Assignment element if necessary), use varDisplayText again, with Add, then the first value in your second column.
- Add another line in the same element (or a new Assignment element if necessary), use varDisplayText again, with Add, then the comma text string again, but with a line break character afterwards.
- Point back to your loop so you can get the next set of values in your collection.