"By changing the pick list field value, trigger the workflow to change the record type id accordingly " how can we achieve this. please help
If you are looking for simple steps on how to do this for the first time:
- Go to Setup | Create | Workflow & Approvals | Workflow Rules | New.
- Then select the object you want to run the workflow on, e.g., opp'y.
- Click Next, give it a name, set your evaluation criteria and select the criteria that the rule should fire under, e.g., when picklist value is "itemA".
- Click "Save & Next", select a Workflow action "New Field update", give it a name and select the object "opportunity" and the field you want to update, e.g., "opportunity record type",
- Select the record type form list list presented.
- Click Save. Don't forget to go back to the rule and activate it (edit and select activate).
If you are faced with a challenge outside of this please edit your question.