On Opportunity, I've created a related object called Opportunity Item. On the details page for an opportunity, a related list was automatically added for Opportunity Items.
I need to take complete control over the way this list is presented either by configuring it, or by replacing it.
I don't know how I should do this in Salesforce or what the best choice is for my needs. I'm looking for suggestions and examples from other devs that have had to do this.
On each row of Opportunity Items :-
- I can't have a delete link shown.
- I want to "roll up" data from a collection of objects under Opportunity Item (which could be different depending on data. This might mean the number of columns vary.
- I want the "edit" link to go to a custom page for editing the Opportunity Item
- I want the "New Opportunity Item" button to take me to an apex page for creating a new Opportunity Item, not the default edit page.
- It might be necessary to have the data in a paged table view.
Without this, the Opportunity Items section of the Opportunity Details page is as good as useless.
I tried this by using an apex page embedded into the Opportunity details page, but it looked terrible, and wasn't enough room (height) on the Opportunity Details page to display all information from the embedded page.
I've found a few Salesforce/Apex/VisualForce bloggers to have helpful content, but nothing that seems to quite fit the bill, though I'm not sure how to term what I'm looking for.