I am having the following issue with a flow: The flow creates an account, after a couple of extra screens it needs to update that account, this is a simple version of the flow:
The flow saves the id into the variable AccountID.
Further down the road I need to update the account so I have used the Record Update option to update the account:
For some reason the update record is not working, I keep getting the following error message: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) entity type cannot be updated: Client --- for SFDC record with ID : null,
I did notice that if I dump the ID that was created it is a 18 digit character, so I am not sure if this could be the issue, unfortunately I cant manipulate with a formula the length as in the flow the formula has to return a number.
I notice that it seems necessary to put an extra screen in the flow after a record create to get the id, otherwise the id is null (might be a visual flow bug), ie: if i want to display AccountID on step 2 I get nothing but if i displayed on step 3 (the next screen) it will display the id of the record created