I have some questions with respect to getting started with developing a website for our customer's customers on the Force platform. This site will need to read/update from/into Salesforce backend as one of its main responsibilities. The questions are as below:
- If I have multiple developers working on a web application called XYZ, simultaneously on the same code base, using the Force.com platform then is Partner Developer Edition the only way for team development or is there an alternate way? Perhaps using the Force IDE and a local SVN repository locally to merge code and then using one Force.com license to upload the merged code into Force environment?
- Im assuming an ISVPartner can leverage access to both the editions (Partner Developer Edition (Super-sized DE org) and Partner Test Environment) at the same time. Can I use both the editions and sandboxes (how many and what type) simultaneously without additional costs?
- Is it possible to implement multi-tenancy in Single Org model or is Multi-Org model the only way to achieve it?
- Is it right to assume that with force.com Embedded License option, application will be distributed on AppExchange and installed by customers in their own Org?
- Do we need to go through security review process for any application developed on force.com platform? Or it is only required if we need to distribute the application on AppExchange? What are the kinds of charges to be considered?
- Once development is complete and XYZ is deployed, can visitors without a SF login create non SF accounts for themselves on my XYZ web application? (These are not SF accounts, but accounts created for the sole purpose of my XYZ application.) . What kind of charges (pay per user) do we incur in this case? US$15 /user/month? Or a % of net revenue?
- Is it possible & legal to access multiple organization SF CRM data from application developed using Single Org model? Eg. Is it possible to have users from different orgs login to our site XYZ but using their own SFDC accounts?
- I think it is possible to build hybrid application (which integrates with any cloud service provider e.g AWS) using force.com Embedded License for AppExchange via Web services. Am I right in this understanding?
- Should I go with Single org or Multi Org route if I dont want one customer's data to be viewed by another customer?
I did not want to break this question into 9 different posts as I feel these are common questions that anyone would need answered to be able to make a decision. Do reply if you know even one answer or can point to specific links to increase my understanding on one or more of the points mentioned above.