Anyone has had the requirement of updating same child records from a flow multiple times, pertaining to multiple decisions, which may or may not be mutually exclusive?
Ideally I would wish to
- assign whatever values they (child records) need if they satisfy decision 1
- assign whatever values they need if they satisfy decision 2 etc.
- have a single update element to update all of them
just like we do for parent (triggering) record - multiple assignment operators + one single update
But I seem to not be able to do that for child records. With the standard "Update records related to the (triggering object name) record that triggered the flow" - this is not possible to my understanding.
I am ending up with multiple updates on child records but can not think of a better way to do that. Would the following design be a better approach? We are moving out of the standard flow features by this way.
- querying child records into a variable
- running a loop with each decision (decision 1, decision 2 etc.) and assigning them accordingly
- one collection update of this child records list