We have the following structure:
- Parent BU
1.1 Child BU A - connected to SFCRM Org 1
1.2 Child BU B - connected to SFCRM Org 2
We want to develop a Mobile App and push notifications to the relevant contact, using its respective BU's journeys and automation.
There are no duplicate contacts, each org has its own separate contacts that are synced into MC respective BU. We know that all contacts are shared and can be accessed from all BUs, but for this use case, I wanted to clarify that there are no duplicates.
It seems redundant that we develop and maintain 2 separate Mobile Apps.
I have seen only posts that say a use case with 1 Mobile App and 2 BUs is not supported:
- Switching Business Unit iOS
- Mobile Push Sharing the same app in multiple business units
- Connecting a Mobile App to multiple BUs
- Initialize Mobile Push SDK twice in Mobile App
But I can't see why not to do the following:
- Crate a New App in each BU
- When even a user is installing the app and logging in, we identify the relevant BU/Org he is part of
- Register the user to his respective App on his respective BU/Org
Is this use case supported?