How to Query a Data Extension and Update the Subscriber list at the Child Business Unit Level without using landing pages?
I know how I would do it, but the answer is what you would call "hacktastic". You will need to set up (within the email application):
- A query activity to get the data out of the data extension, and put it into a new results data extension.
- Data Extract Activity to get the data out of the results data extension and put it into the ET holding "tank".
- A File Transfer to get the file from the holding tank and move it to a more accessible folder.
- Another File Transfer activity to move it to the Import Folder (this may be optional depending on how #3 goes, but FT activites also deal with decrypting, unzipping, etc.).
- An Import Activity to import the subscribers list.
After all that is set up, you would toggle over to the automation studio application and set all these steps up in order there, as well as schedule the automation.
That should work. I hope this helps!