Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. Based on what I've seen in the documentation and various forum post answers, I believe the following relationships between Salesforce standard objects to be true:
- A PricebookEntry is a many-to-many table linking Product2 and Pricebook2
- An OpportunityLineItem is a many-to-many table linking an Opportunity and a PricebookEntry
However, in my org, I don't see a lookup field to the PricebookEntry. The Opportunity Line Item is instead related to to Product2.
When I view the fields of the OpportunityLineItem object, I can only see the following standard fields:
- CreatedBy = Lookup(User)
- Date = Date
- Discount = Percent(3, 2)
- Last Modified By = Lookup(User)
- Line Description = Text(255)
- List Price = Currency(16, 2)
- Opportunity = Lookup(Opportunity)
- Name = Text(376)
- Product2 = Lookup(Product)
- ProductCode = Text(255)
- Quantity = Number(10,2)
- UnitPrice = Currency(16,2)
- Subtotal = Currency(16,2)
- TotalPrice = Currency(16,2)
I'm really confused by the discrepancy between the Salesforce documentation and forum posts I've referenced vs what I can see in my own org. Can anyone let me know what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.
Edit: We are using the Enterprise edition of Salesforce.