We have successfully integrated salesforce live agent using rest api and couple of things are done need help on below points.
- Get Session Id (Working As expected).
- Chat Request Initiation (Working As expected and getting successful status code)
- Sending customer messages to salesforce agent (Working as expected and messages are getting shown in saleforoce)
- Getting Agent Message from Salesforce to show to customers (We need a help on this api)
Basis on my research i have collected few points and want to understand how can we implement
- The System/message api will get notified with events happening at Salesforce server side.-is it true? Or we need to call this api to get the message send by agent?
2 Some people says we need to call this api to get the message sent by agent to receive at client side.. If this is the case how frequently we should call because if agent has a sent a message on 3 seconds after started and if I'm doing polling on 33rd seconds i will be wasting 30 seconds to pass on the agent messages to customer which is bad experience.
Is there any way we can notified automatically when agents sends the message immediately so that i should need to wait to happen next polling from client side.