I have 2 objects that I would like to do a join report on. The standard Activity Object and a custom object. They both have lookup fields to the User object and a date field. Is it possible to do a joined report in Salesforce on these 2 fields for these 2 objects?
Create a Custom Report Type (Setup -> Report Types)
- Select "Users" as primary Object (A)
- Select your "Custom Object" as the secondary object (B)
Create another Report Type for:
- Primary: "Users"
- Secondary: "Activities (Assigned To)"
Create a report and select "Joined Report"
- Select the above new report types as your Block 1 and Block 2
- Select "Full Name" as the Group Across Blocks
- Make sure that the filters are correct