- I've enabled digital experience in my org
- I've created a digital experience in my org
- I have Customer Community Plus licenses, but no Customer Community licenses in my org
- I've assigned a custom Community Plus profile to the digital experience
- I've added Role to my admin user, created Account, Contact records
- I've enabled "Allow users to self-register"
Yet, when I try to create a community user either through self-registration or apex code - I get the same error: PORTAL_NO_ACCESS.
Similarly, a Contact record has no button to manually enable it as a Community user and the "Manage External User" configuration is missing from the profile settings.
My best guess is that Salesforce somehow requires the org to have at least one regular Community license, before it detects that there's indeed a digital experience in the org.
Is there something I'm missing?