Suppose, there is a 1gp Managed Packaging Org, namespace prefix: abcxyz. Several beta-release versions exist. Now, I want to move to the 2gp Managed packaging. So, I linked the devHub org and going to start to create 2gp Managed packages with the same namespace prefix: abcxyz by using CLI.
- There will be no dependencies between the already released 1gp Managed Package components and 2gp Managed Package components, right?
- Will there be any dependencies between 2gp itself? For example, in 1gp, we can't remove components once they are added to the released version previously. I wonder if there are restrictions like that in 2gp.
- Is it possible to install a 2gp over a 1gp or vice-versa? For example, we can upgrade 1gp by 1gp release, but what will happen if we intend to upgrade a pre-installed 1gp package by a 2gp package(obviously same namespace) or vice-versa.
- I don't have a clear idea about the branch structured versioning system in the 2gp package, could you please enlighten me?
- Lastly, there's no defined way to convert from 1gp to 2gp, right? Since we can just create a 2gp from DevHub and add any components(I don't know about the restrictions) and move on.
- Is it possible to upgrade 2gp Managed Package?
Please, share if there are any important dependencies between the already released 1gp Managed Package and the newly created 2gp Managed Package. As always, thank you for your time.