i've a custom object Score has to be rollup to grand parent Account. Score-project-account is the lookup currently. How to get count of a field of score onto account?
You have 2 options,
- Create a flow which runs when Score object Record Created
- Get Parent Project Record Id - Store it in a variable
get Recordsto get all child records (Score object) of Project
- Loop through all Child records and use a variable in the Loop to keep track of Count of records
- Update count on Parent Project record in a custom field (ex.
- Create a Roll up summary on Account which rolls up the New
2. Workflow/Process Builder
- Every time Score record is Created or Project record is updated
- Update Account field on SCORE object (a lookup field)
- Add a roll up summary field on Account to roll up All Score object records.
If the relationships are all lookups which don't support rollup summaries you could use this package https://github.com/afawcett/declarative-lookup-rollup-summaries
Create a DLRS from the child to parent, and again from the parent to the grandparent.