I have a situation where the user is able to create a case record of record type RecordTypeA using Salesforce flows as a system user. The requirements are
- The user shouldn't edit any of the fields of that newly created case with RecordTypeA when viewing the case details. Those fields should be editable only by the admins.
- The same user should have edit access to RecordTypeB of the same object.
What I tried so far, but still not getting the expected result -
Changed the Org wide defaults of the Case object to private
Created two Public groups - 1. Sales agents 2. Admins
Created three sharing rules based off criteria -
- If the user views a case of RecordTypeA, make it read/write and assign it to Public Group - Admins.
- If the user views a case of RecordTypeA, make it read only and assign it to Public Group - Sales Agents
- If the user views a case if RecordTypeB, make it read/write and assign it to Public Group - Sales Agents