- We are using the "Social Login" Component on a custom Experience Builder Page (EBP);
- With a very standard SSO setup;
- The tick box for the specific SSO is ticked in the Community(Site) workspace;
- The SSO login button is there and mostly works (it does authenticate the user);
- Custom Username and Password (incl controller apex) is available to our external salesforce identity users (community);
- We append a StartUrl parameter to the login page (EBP), and the value is the URLencode link to the page where they selected login;
- e.g. https://our.domain.com/community/s/login/?startURL=%2Fcommunity%2Fs%2Fmydeeplink%3Ft%3D1618915055217
With custom UN&PW login: After Authentication Success the startUrl successfully redirects the user to the deeplink without a problem. (deeplink is where they started the login process)
Problem: With SSO login: After Authentication Success the user is redirected to the Community Home page, and not the the deep link they were on, this is not a normal/expected behaviour in anyones world.
How do we use settings or URL parameters to ensure the user redirects to the deeplink we provide (the page they are on)?
community/login?so=00Dourorgid is the first redirect link that the SSO Login flow redirects to, following that the user is redirected to a much more complicated link that uses Network references, it only renders very briefly and then the user is redirected to the Community Home Page.
UPDATE (nearly there, but still looking for help) We have noted that the standard feature I have mentioned (deep link redirect) does work on another community and so the issue relates to something we have configured incorrectly in the SSO setup. We are still investigating, it takes a while when we do not have access to the IDP. I have a suspicion that we need separate IDP Auth setups per community not 1 to cover them all. potentially the security model is preventing the redirect due to incorrect domain referencing, and so the default is home.