We are planning to do a clean-up of our report types and are looking for any recommendations/best practices around this. Could you help us with the following questions:
- We noticed that when you create a new look up field, a new standard report type is created automatically. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
- Is there a way to get a complete list of standard report types available in our org?
- What is the best way to get a list of used and unused report types?
- What is the most effective way of hiding unused report types?
- How can we easily get a list of duplicate report types (Meaning same object/order is used )?
- If there are duplicate report types, how can we tell if there are difference in terms of available columns/fields?