I am on a Windows 10 laptop with the latest patches and updates from Microsoft Version 10.0.18363. When I attempt to Authorize an Org it opens Google Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit). I login using the login I've been using successfully since yesterday, I get the prompt to Allow Access, and it just hangs. I am currently running VS Code Version: 1.53.2. I have the Salesforce Extension Pack v51.2.0, and the same for the Salesforce CLI Integration.
I'm using sfdcLoginUrl = https://test.salesforce.com
When I execute the Authorize an Org it sends me to the following URL provided I have Revoked the previous attempt: https://<my_org_name>/setup/secur/RemoteAccessAuthorizationPage.apexp?source="very long string"
- I am unable to find port 1717 running using suggestions previously mentioned.
- I have uninstalled VS Code twice and deleted everything the second time before re-installing.
- I have switched the Default browser to Edge each time and this doesn't work. I even tried IE once!!
- I look for node.js running and if I kill that process the web browser immediately throws me into the unable to open local port 1717.
- I've tried sfdx auth:web:login instead of sfdx force:auth:web:login and this does not work.
- After the failed attempts I Revoke the Salesforce CLI found under my login ID.
- In my troubleshooting I've seen OAuth Error
- I have set the Google Chrome to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode as well. This doesn't help either.
- I added the C:\Windows\System32 to the PATH environment variable as well.
- I also tried logging in with our Salesforce Admin credentials and that didn't work either.
What am I missing here. Can someone please advise?