I´m solutioning a Birthday journey and was wondering if this idea will work before running it by my client.
Entry source: DE_[Tier]_BirthdayJourney
- This DE is populated by an SQL query that runs every day at 6am. The logic is: 2 weeks before my birthday date, it updates the BirthdayJourney field [boolean format] to 1.
The journey runs after the above automation finish.
Journey flow: Once in the journey, members will wait for 1 week and then receive the 1st email. After one week, based on their engagement (clicks) they will receive a reminder or not. After one week, the contact will be updated --> BirthdayJourney field [boolean format] to 0. Then, I will add 1 day wait before they exit the journey.
- Re-entry only after exiting.
- Opt-in is 0 (the member unsubscribes)
My doubts are:
- Will this set up ensure that members can re-enter every year without having to update neither the journey or the automation?
- Do you foresee any other issue that I should be aware of?
Thank you for your help!