I have a process builder set up to do the following on a custom object, Referral:
- If the custom field "Referred To" changes, update the Owner field to a queue (the queue id is dynamic based on criteria) --> Evaluate the next criteria -->
- When the Owner field changes, send a notification to the owner (a notification in the bell icon, not an email notification). If the owner is a queue, then all members in the queue are notified.
Here's what's puzzling me:
- Part 1) works on its own. When I change the value in the Referred To field, it automatically updates the Owner field correctly.
- BUT, notifications in Part 2) are not sent when Owner is updated via Part 1). And yes, I have it set to "Evaluate Next Criteria", so that's not the issue.
- However, notifications in Part 2) are sent when I update the Owner manually via the record page.
Why do each of these work individually, but Part 1 doesn't trigger Part 2 ??? I've spent hours on trial and error trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure it out.
Anyone have any idea what I need to fix?