I am fairly new to Salesforce, and currently trying to explore Connected App in 2GP. I have done some reading and came across some posts that is similar to my situation here. Package Connected App Salesforce Guide and also answer from Mohith here. However, I am still confused and stucked. Just a bit of background on what I have done so far:
- Enabled Dev Hub and Second-Generation Managed Packaging
- Signed up for Developer Edition Org, registered a namespace and linked to Dev Hub Org
- Created a scratch org to develop my Connected app
- Pulled source from scratch org into local project (I'm using VS Code), convert source to mdapi and deploy it to Developer Edition Org that has my namespace
- Created 1GP Managed package in Developer Edition Org.
- Created package version and promoted it to Released state. (At this point I have tried installing my package into other scratch orgs, and things seem to be working fine)
Here comes my questions. According to the guidelines provided, my next step should be creating a source .xml file in my 2GP directory, and create package and package versions.
- Where exactly is 2GP Directory/ source directory ? Where should I create the source .xml file?
- In the final step, which is to create 2GP package and package versions, which is my target org here? Is it Developer Edition Org?
Appreciate if anyone can provide a more detailed guideline, or any other pages/ materials that I can refer to. Thanks in advance.