We're using Salesforce as an identity provider so that SF users can log in to our Zendesk.
So we set up a connected app "Zendesk" and set up the SAML part. The connection is functional for users with "External identity", "Customer community Login" or "Customer community" licenses.
But for users with a "Salesforce" license, the connection is not working.
Indeed it seems that there is an error in the redirection after the login page
Here is the scenario:
- The user goes to Zendesk
- He clicks on "Login".
- It is redirected to a Salesforce login page on the domain managed by SF
- He enters his login / password
- The connection succeeds
- The user is redirected to a URL with errors: https://DOMAIN.my.salesforce.com/https://DOMAIN.my.salesforce.com/https://DOMAIN.my.salesforce.com//servlet/networks/session/create?etc
The part "https://DOMAIN.my.salesforce.com/" is repeated three times.
The connection is however effective since if the user removes "by hand" in his browser the 2 extra occurrences of "https://nextdoor.my.salesforce.com/", then he is redirected to Zendesk and is connected: which corresponds to the expected behavior.
We looked for several configuration elements to avoid this behavior but we couldn't find them.
It seems nevertheless that the configuration is good since:
- this problem only appears for users with a "Salesforce" license
- and if we correct the redirection problem manually, the connection is functional
Anyone has seen this redirection behavior ?