There is a Salesforce Developers YouTube video from Dec 13th 2019:
Which hinted that the Winter 21 release would include:
- Enabled migration of first-gen packages to second-gen packages (GA)
- Remove any Metadata Type from Managed Package (Pilot)
But looking at the release notes for packages:
- Salesforce Winter ’21 Release Notes: Packaging: Package Ancestry Visualizations, Unwanted Package Versions Are Deletable, Push Upgrades Are Generally Available
It seems like they didn't make it into the release.
- Does anyone have any insight into the status of these features?
- What is the current process for migrating a first-gen package to second-gen?
- Is it too late to migrate to second-gen if I've started building the package in a dev org with a namespace, but not uploaded anything yet? (not even a beta)