I developed a canvas app that display a custom section in the account's page, so that I uses:
- canvas app
- virtualforce page
- page layout
- profiles (to assign which users can see the application)
I installed the app on the Enterprise edition as a managed package and it worked as expected, the problem is when I tried to install it on other editions I faced the following problems:
- in the Group edition the installation failed and it gives me a meaning less error message but mostly it can be installed because it includes component which is not supported.
- in the professional edition every thing works as expected but when it render the app it gives a permission error, and when I tried to allow the users throw profiles, I can't find a profiles link.
so my questions is:
- Can I install a managed package which include a canvas app into a Group Edition?
- How can I manage the permissions to make the application works in the Professional Edition? can I include this permissions in the package? can I just allow all user form the beginning?