When Salesforce native Reports, Charts and Dashboards are not enough and you needed advanced functionality like:
- Dynamic discovery of data instead of pure display
- integrate external data sources
- Overcome record and data format restrictions
- allow for more interactivity with the data
- do advanced calculations that can not be done with Custom Objects and custom fields
- (many others) ...
the recommended solution was to use Einstein Analytics.
Now with the recent acquisition of Tableau by Salesforce, I am confused when and why to choose what.
- How do both tools compare?
- Will they eventually be merged or discontinued?
- When do I definitely choose the one over the other?
- What should I do when I heavily invested in Einstein Analytics?
- Is there a preference when it comes to Managed packages? Can ISV package both technologies?
- What else should be asked and answered in this context?