I have unlocked package with some profiles. As of now I cloned those profiles from Minimum access - Salesforce and Customer Community Plus Login and it doesn't contain any of the extra permissions.
I have 3 sandbox available. Sandbox1, Sandbox2 are having some of their own set of profiles with different names and sandbox3 was clean sandbox.
Now, I am able to install the package, but profiles are not getting added in Sandbox1/Sandbox2[event with Mixed/Deprecate/Delete way].
So, I thought some issues with package, I tried installing same package in Sandbox3, there I am able to see newly created profiles.
I have few questions with profile deployments with Unlocked package -
- How I shall deploy the profiles in Sandbox with Guaranteed way(for the CICD purpose)?
- What is root cause for this behavior?
- Do I need to perform any other steps to update existing profiles? If I have profiles with same name, will it append the existing profile or override the existing profile?
- How I shall have it for multi-unlocked package. E.g. Profile p1 is having permission for Object o1, o2 and o3 which are part of Package pckg1, pckg2, pckg3 profiles. And pckg1 is root/dependent package for pckg2 and pckg3. What will be the best strategy in this case?
Clarification with current setup -
- I have unlocked packages with no namespace.
- Profiles will be having of 2 types - Salesforce/Customer Community Plus Login
- Able to create package and install package without any deployment issues.