I would like to understand what happens in the case of Duplicate merges in the CRM,
and how does that impact Marketing Cloud?
- My guess is that there is no way to merge Marketing Cloud history when this merge happens in the CRM. Is this correct?
- Will Marketing Cloud keep the "losing" record of the merge in the Synchronized DE? I would expect it won't.
- Will Marketing Cloud keep the "losing" Contact in All Contacts? I would expect it will.
- Merge might trigger a journey for the "winning" record if record now meets journey entry criteria (as this is an "update" action). Source: Merged Records in SFDC CRM (Leads, Contacts, Accounts, etc.) & Impact on Salesforce Data Entry Event in Journey Builder
- Will the "losing" contacts exist in All Contacts even if there has never been any activity related to them? (i.e. no email/other message sent)
Any other impacts / best practices I am missing?