As a Salesforce developer, consultant and administrator, I like to stay on top of new features in dev or due to be released in the medium or near future. As the Summer '14 release maintenance exam dates have already been posted I take it that Summer '14 release planning is well under and so I would like to know ASAP what the new features planned are and when they will be available for pre-release/sandbox trialling.
Full marks for early prep here! However currently there is no published documentation on Summer'14. Clearly Spring'14 has been delayed quite considerably this year, it remains to be seen if this will affect Summer'14, I hope not. It is a good sign that initial preparations for Summer'14 are still occurring such as the release maintenance exams dates, though i suspect its a little soon to assume to much. Here are some tips in the meantime to keep up to date...
- Follow @salesforce and @forcedotcom
- Keep checking http://developer.force.com for any news
- You can monitor this web page as and when new things appear, http://www.salesforce.com/newfeatures/
- Start building your knowledge around some of the pilot or beta technologies in the current releases (e.g. Flow via Workflow).
- Checking the pre-release documentation URL's, Salesforce publishes pre-release versions of their Apex, Visualforce etc docs on alternative URL's before release. They are always in the same place, currently these of course now show old Spring'14 (API 30)
- For example for http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index.htm, put the pre suffix on the end of the doc qualifier part of the URL, http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcodepre/index.htm
- Track bug fixes scheduled for Summer'14, https://success.salesforce.com/issues_releases_view?release=190000000