As a Customer Community User from account A, I want to see contacts that belong to account B Is the above possible?
I tried a Contact Sharing Rule without success and even a Manual Sharing (image attached, the one in red) on a Contact record and it also didn't work.
The weird thing is that I also created a Sharing Rule for Guest User (the one in green) and this works! As a Guest User, I can read all Customer Community Users (contact records) that belong to different Accounts.
- A Customer Community User is defined by a Contact record and a User record.
- In my org my Community Users use the Customer Community licenses.
- External User OWD for Contact is private.
- I think Sharing Set is not a solution because it only works to share Contact data within the same Account
- It is worth mentioning that Customer Community Users (Contact data) is displayed on an LWC, the component is feed by a method in an Apex Controller with a SOQL and it's using WITH SHARING.
- The SOQL is not querying the Contact, but another CustomObject that has a lookup with Contact, the SOQL is filtering by Contact:
SELECT x FROM CustomObject__c WHERE Contact__r.RecordType.Name = 'myContactRecod'
- If I remove the WHERE part of the query above, I do get the results I expect !