The relevant apps (DocuSign for Salesforce CPQ and Salesforce CPQ) are already installed in our dev sandbox.
The connection between DocuSign and Salesforce including the setup of template was already done by a previous team. Currently, from a quote, we are able to use the feature "Generate Document" then "Send to DocuSign", which sends the document correctly to the customer "Primary contact" field from the quote.
We are having issues to customize/fix the integration to complete the business rules. Online documentation is not very precise for these use cases.
In DocuSign portal, the template is setup to have 2 recipients:
- Role "Customer" [needs to sign]
- Role "Sender" [needs to sign]
The sender is the sales person in Salesforce who will click on the button "Send to DocuSign". But when testing without any "DocuSign Recipients" in the quote template in Salesforce, only the customer is receiving the quote document for signature. Now, when the customer opens the document, then an email is sent to the sender notifying him that the customer is viewing the document. The issue is once the customer signs the document, it gets completed without requiring the sender to sign as well.
We also need to include some merged fields from Salesforce within the quote template, whereby the field must be defaulted with values from Salesforce but the customer must be allowed to edit some of these merged fields.
Things already tried
- Followed the documentation Set Up DocuSign Recipients for CPQ Quotes by adding DocuSign Recipients with Role "Customer" and another one "Sender", but doing so does not send document at all. The log failures from DocuSign portal does not provide much detail
SalesForceIntegration failed, SBQQ__QuoteDocument__c failed, message: Unable to update SBQQ__QuoteDocument__c, additional info: ErrorCode = CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, fields =
- How to create merge fields with DocuSign for CPQ setup is a useful post, but we are not able to identify where exactly is the settings "merge with Salesforce setting turned on by DocuSign" and also where to have "Set as Salesforce merge field" option
- From DocuSign help guide, Create Merge Fields article refers to "DocuSign for Salesforce" app and "DocuSign Admin" tab, both of which are not available in the packages installed. A "DocuSign Tag" object exist in our salesforce org, but no field called "Relate to Salesforce" can be found
- How do we setup 2 signers for DocuSign and ensure both are notified and have signed before document is considered completed?
- How can we add a Salesforce merged field within the quote template and make it editable in the document?
- How to make make a merged field conditionally editable in the document (for e.g if value from salesforce is empty, then make it editable) ?
- Is it possible to include quote related files in salesforce as attachment to the email sent by DocuSign requesting signature of the quote by the 2 signers ?
Can someone who has worked with CPQ and DocuSign give us some pointers how we can go about the above?
Any help will be appreciated, thanks